You use Virtualmin through a standard browser on port 10000 of your SmartMachine. So, if your SmartMachine public IP address is 18.104.22.168, you would access Virtualmin through 22.214.171.124:10000.
In this topic:
The first thing you see when visting the Virtualmin administration portal is a login screen. You need to log into the portal using the credentials from the Machine Details page of your SmartMachine.
|You need to log into Virtualmin with the user name "admin" and the password for the Virtualmin user from the credentials page.|
Once logged in, you will see the system dashboard page. This page provides an overview of your machine and servers, pointing out things like how many servers you are running, what kind of servers you are running, how your machine is using resources, and so on.
The Virtualmin interface is composed of two frames: a navigation pane on the left and a content pane on the right. The primary functions of Virtualmin are accessible through five main links in the navigation page: Create Virtual Server, Edit Virtual Server, Edit FTP Users, Edit Databases, and Install Scripts.
The navigation pane includes five menu sections for administering to your user's web servers. They contain links for configuring your servers, databases and users:
- Server Configuration: Changing a domain name, managing SSL certificates for your servers, editing proxy settings, and so on.
- Administration Options: Options for managing usage limits and admin features of both your user's web servers and other administrators working with Virtualmin.
- Disable and Delete: Delete or disable a web server.
- Services: Options for configuring startup scripts or configuring web servers.
- Logs and Reports: Log of all Webmin admin activity.
The navigation pane also includes seven menu sections for administering to Webmin and any Webmin modules (such as Virtualmin). They contain links for configuring the features of Virtualmin:
- System Settings: Enable module features, upgrade modules, setup script installers, and so on.
- Email Messages: Configure automated email messages.
- System Customization: Configure Virtualmin with custom fields, custom shells, or custom variables.
- Address and Networking: Configure and update IP addresses.
- Limits and Validation: Validate virtual servers, setup automatic validation, and fix file permissions.
- Add Servers: Import a virtual server or migrate a virtual server from another host.
- Backup and Restore: Backup a virtual server or restore a virtual server from a backup.